Photo Upload Requirement:
You are required to upload a recent photo (taken within the past 6 months). The photo need not be professionally produced (i.e., may be taken with a personal camera, tablet, or cell phone), but it must satisfy the specifications set forth below. The Admissions Office will review all photo uploads, and may choose to reject an upload. If your photo upload is rejected, you will be required to upload another photo and repeat the review process. If you are unable to upload an accecptable photo, you may submit a professionally-produced Passport photo to the Admissions Office.
Visit the U.S. State Department Passport Website for more information and examples of acceptable photos.
In general, the photo must:
- be a .png, .jpg, or .jpeg file.
- be at least 300 pixels by 300 pixels.
- be high resolution.
- have appropriate brightness and contrast.
- be taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows or flash reflections.
- No hat or head covering unless worn for religious purposes.
- Additional Photo Specifications
- The photo must show you looking directly at the camera.
- The photo must show your eyes open and clearly visible.
- The photo must show you with no hair across your eyes.
- The photo must show you with no red eyes.
- The photo must show you facing square on to the camera.
- The photo must be taken with a plain light-coloured background.
- The photo must show you alone.
- The photo must show your eyes clearly with no flash reflection.
- The photo must show your eyes clearly with no tinted lenses.
- The photo must show you with a neutral expression.
- The photo must show you with the mouth closed.
How to Upload a New Photo (Replacing Your Current Photo)
To upload a new photo click the "Upload Photo" button located in the "Upload Your Photo" section below "System Messages, or click the "Edit Personal Info" link in the upper right corner of your user home page. The "Upload New Photo" button is located below the "Place of Birth" field.
Please review the photo requirements listed above to verify that the photo you are uploading meets all of the photo upload requirements.
Please submit a Technical Support Request, found at the bottom of the screen, if you have any issues uploading your photo.